Sunday, March 2, 2014

Captions on YouTube make me giggle... and weep



Being deaf, I often find great information on YouTube is inaccessible. Of course, I click the CC button and the YouTube/Google auto captioning gives me profound narratives such as:

"Moth carport of the apricot snippet, commonly known as limpets or blue."

I don't know about you, but I can't quite get that to align with a YouTube video about how to fix my computer....

Most of us do not speak in a way that Google's auto caption feature offers us an easy way out. But, it's not really that hard to make your YouTube videos accessible to everyone. An added benefit is this: captions also help to increase the search ranking of a video so that it is more easily discovered through search engines.

Why not find out how easy it is to make your next video a real winner?

http://www.mediaaccess.org.au/online-media/caption-online-videos

from Media Access Australia offers instructions. So does the YouTube website.


No comments:

Post a Comment